AAA: Average Price of Gas in Florida Up 10-Cents From Last Week
Florida - Monday April 25, 2022: The average cost of a gallon of regular unleaded in Florida is 10-cemnts higher this week than it was last week at this time. The state average rose from $4.01 to $4.11 per gallon. Drivers are now paying an average price of $4.10 per gallon. However the price is expected to fall again this week.
"The rollercoaster ride at the pump continues," said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. "After rising two weeks ago, gas prices should remain tied to the price of oil, which was on its way back down last week. Based on wholesale and gasoline futures trends, gas prices could decline 5-10 cents, unless oil prices rebound again."
According to the EIA, the price of crude oil accounts for 55% of the price of gasoline. Last week, the U.S. price of oil fell 4 percent. Friday's closing price of $102.07 per barrel was $4.47/b less than the week before, and $21.63 per barrel less than this year's high - set in early March.
Fuel Price Overview
• Sunday's Florida Avg. - $4.10 per gallon
• Avg. Cost for a Fill-Up - $61.50
• 2022 High - $4.38 per gallon (March 11)
• 2021 High - $3.36 per gallon
• 2022 U.S. Oil Price High - $123.70 (March 8)
• 2021 U.S. Oil Price High - $84.65 per barrel
Florida Regional Prices
• Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($4.27), Fort Lauderdale ($4.15), Naples ($4.15)
• Least expensive metro markets – Pensacola ($3.91), Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($3.93), Panama City ($4.00)
• Daily gas price averages can be found at: https://gasprices.aaa.com/.