IRC Supervisor of Elections - Be Prepared for Election Day
Indian River County - Sunday August 21, 2022: - With Election Day a week away, the Indian River County Supervisor of Elections Leslie Swan has a few reminders for voters who plan to cast their ballot on August 23.
• Florida is a closed primary state. All voters are eligible to vote for Universal Primary Contests and nonpartisan races. Only voters registered within the candidate's respective party are eligible to vote in partisan races.
• You must vote at your assigned polling place on Election Day.
• Election Day polls are open from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• Due to the 2020 Census, district maps for federal, state and local offices have changed. Many precinct boundary lines and Election Day polling locations have also changed. Visit VoteIndianRiver.gov or call our office at 772-226-4700 to find your Election Day polling location.
• Voters must present current and valid, photo and signature I.D. when voting, such as a Florida Driver’s License. If voters do not present proper I.D., they may vote a provisional ballot.
• Vote-by-mail ballots must be received by 7 p.m. on Election Day in order to be counted.
• Election results will air on Comcast channel 13 in Vero Beach, Comcast channel 25 and U-Verse channel 99 in Sebastian and on the Indian River County Government station Comcast channel 27.
• Election night results will be available at VoteIndianRiver.gov on the homepage. Simply click the link that says “Unofficial Results.”
• Voter turnout statistics will be available prior to and throughout Election Day.