DFS Has Resources Available on FEMA’s National Flood Insurance
Florida - Friday November 11, 2022: For those affected by Hurricane Nicole the Florida Department of Financial Services (DFS) has information about the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) National Flood Insurance Program.
For individuals that have flood insurance policies through FEMA and its federal flood insurance program, the Department encourages consumers to reach out to their insurance agents for more information about filing a claim. Consumers may also reach FEMA directly at 1-800-621-3362.
Important Storm Recovery Tips and Resources from FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program - NFIP:
Filing Your Claim:
- How To Start Filing Your Claim
- How To File Your Flood Insurance Claim
- Starting Your Recovery: FEMA’s Flood Insurance Claims Process
- How To Document Damage
Recovering from a flood:
- How To Document Damage And Begin Clean-Up
- NFIP Claims Handbook
- Build Back Safer & Stronger
- Salvaging Water-Damaged Family Valuables and Heirlooms
- Reducing Future Flood Damage
Floridians can visit our disaster resources and information website or email: Consumer.Services@myfloridacfo.com.
For additional hurricane-related information, visit PrepareFL.com.