AAA: Florida Gas Prices Move Lower as Fuel Supplies Stabilize
Florida - Monday May 1, 2023: Florida gas prices are moving lower again, now that the fuel supplies have largely recovered from the record flooding that caused widespread outages in South Florida.
On Sunday, Florida gas prices averaged $3.65 cents per gallon. That's 6 cents less than last week and 7 cents less than the 2023 high.
"In addition to stabilizing fuel supplies in Florida, the fuel market has cooled off in recent weeks," said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. "Oil prices are on a 2-week streak of declines which should enable gas prices to steadily decline through the week."
Crude prices are now $5/b less than the highs set in mid-April after OPEC announced plans to cut oil production by a million barrels per day, beginning on May 1st. On Friday, the price of U.S. crude oil settled at $76.78 per barrel. That's down 1% from the week before, adding to the 6% drop the week before. The declines are attributed to global economic concerns, despite favorable gasoline demand and supply numbers.
Regional Florida Prices
• Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($3.84), Naples ($3.74), Homosassa Springs ($3.71)
• Least expensive metro markets – Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($3.30), Pensacola ($3.31), Panama City ($3.32)
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
Ways to Save on Gasoline
• Combine errands to limit driving time.
• Shop around for the best gas prices in your community.
• Pay with cash. Some retailers charge extra per gallon for customers who pay with a credit card.
• Remove excess weight in your vehicle. Every 100 pounds taken out of the vehicle improves fuel economy by 1-2 percent.
• Drive conservatively. Aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces fuel economy.
AAA Resources for Drivers
- Enroll in savings programs. AAA Members who enroll in Shell's Fuel Rewards program can save 30 cents per gallon on their first fill-up and 5 cents per gallon each additional trip to the pump. Click here for more information.
- Get a tune-up. Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained to optimize its fuel economy. Visit AAA.com/AutoRepair to find a certified repair shop.
- Find the lowest gas prices in your area by using the free AAA mobile app.
- Determine anticipated fuel costs for your trip by using the AAA's Gas Cost Calculator.