National Electric Vehicle Consortium Holding First-Ever Meeting at IRSC Pruitt Campus Thursday & Friday of This Week
Port St. Lucie - Wednesday, August 3, 2022: Fifty national leaders, representing education, government and industry will convene at the IRSC Pruitt Campus in Port St. Lucie on Thursday and Friday of this week for the kickoff meeting of the National Electric Vehicle Consortium (NEVC).
Funded by the National Science Foundation, the NEVC promotes the interaction of a critical mass of academic, agency, and industry experts across all EV disciplines to help secure the nation’s electric vehicle workforce pipeline.
WHAT: A convening of the nation’s foremost experts to address the nation’s electric vehicle workforce pipeline. Media will have the opportunity to hear from featured speakers. Interviews may be arranged for before or after meeting sessions.
WHEN: Thursday, August 4, from 8:55 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and Friday, August 5, from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m.
WHERE: IRSC Pruitt Campus, William and Helen Thomas STEM Center 500 N.W. California Boulevard, Port St. Lucie, Florida 34986
WHO: Featured speakers Wednesday, August 4, 8:55 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Dr. Celeste Carter - Lead Program Director, National Science Foundation
- Kevin Cooper - Executive Director of Innovation and Business Development, Indian River State College and Principal Investigator, National Electric Vehicle Consortium
- Paul Morrison and Suresh Jayanthi - NextEra Energy
- Ken Mays - NEVTEX Central Oregon Community College
- Paul Vosper and Chris Anastasi - Juice Bar
- Ken Walz, CREATE - Madison Area Technical College
- Shawn Bennett - State Farm
- Ben Cruz - CAAT Macomb Community College
- George Guirguis - BHI Energy
- Brandon Stevenson - Weber State University
- Martin Massuh - Light Electric Vehicle Association (LEVA)