FPL Mobilizes Restoration Workforce
Florida - Tuesday November 8, 2022: Florida Power and Light has mobilized a restoration workforce of approximately 13,000.
The company is urging customers to take precautions as Tropical Storm Nicole approaches Florida.
- FPL’s emergency response plan is well underway as it pre-positions its workforce and supplies to be able to respond safely and as quickly as possible
- Approximately 13,000 men and women supporting the restoration
- Customers urged to make preparations and take safety precautions
- FPL continues to send out automated communications to customers today
- Download the FPL app by texting the word “App” to MyFPL (69375) or enroll in alerts by texting the word “Join” to MyFPL (69375)
FPL has activated its emergency response plan, which includes:
- Approximately 13,000 personnel preparing to support the restoration
- Finalizing logistics for staging sites in the areas most likely to be affected
- Pre-positioning key equipment and supplies
- Coordinating with county and state emergency operations centers on response
As Nicole’s outer bands begin to affect customers, FPL will restore power as long as it’s safe to do so. During the storm, FPL will use smart grid technology to remotely restore power to customers where possible. Immediately following the storm, once winds drop below 35 miles per hour, FPL will continue restoration and conduct damage assessments with field crews. These assessments, which include data gathered from a fleet of drones, help FPL assign the right resources to each geographical region and give customers an accurate estimate of when we will complete restoration in each region.
Customers can download the FPL app for on-the-go, instant and secure access to their accounts. Customers can report or get the latest information on an outage. The app is available for download in the iOS App Store and Google Play. To quickly download the FPL app, text the word “App” to MyFPL (69375). Customers also can sign up for storm updates by texting the word “Join” to MyFPL (69375).
FPL website: FPL.com or FPL.com/storm