RetirementLiving.Com: Florida Again Ranked #1 as Best State for Retirement
Florida - Monday April 25, 2022: Florida has again been ranked #1 for best state to retire in, according to a survey conducted by the website Retirement Living.
Among the factors cited by readers in the ranking are:
- “Low taxes and great place to live”
- “Overall cost of living, lack of onerous taxes, and a favorable political climate”
- “Able to play golf 365 days a year”
Retirement Living also points out that twenty-one percent of Florida's population is over the age of 65, state parks are abundant, and senior communities and activities are plentiful.
* Tourists from across the county and 'snowbirds' from northern states cause crowding in some areas, disturbing Florida’s tropical appeal. Retirement Living recommends avoiding Broward, Orange and Seminole counties if you don't like crowds.
* While Florida there is no state income tax, the sales tax rate is slightly elevated.
* Home prices in Florida have surged. The median home price is in the middle of the top ranked retirement states.
* Health care availability is average.
The best 10 states to retire ranked in order:
2. New Hampshire
4. North Carolina
7. South Dakota
View the results on the Retirement Living website here : https://www.retirementliving.com/best-and-worst-states-for-retirement