Florida Gas Prices Dropped Another 14-Cents Last Week
Florida - Monday august 15, 2022: Florida gas prices dropped another 14 cents per gallon, last week to an average of $3.65 a gallon. That's the lowest daily average since March 3.
The state average has now declined for nine consecutive weeks, falling $1.24 per gallon since mid-June when pump prices set a new record high of $4.89 per gallon. It now costs $55 to fill an average-sized 15-gallon tank of gas, nearly $20 less than what drivers paid in mid-June.
"The state average should continue moving lower, likely slipping into the $3.50s by the end of the week," said Florida AAA spokesman Mark Jenkins. "Oil and gasoline futures regained some strength last week, as analysts believe that falling fuel prices will encourage consumers to drive more."
The U.S. price of oil rose 3% last week. Friday's closing price of $92.09 per barrel is $3.08/b more than the week before.
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
Ways to Save on Gasoline
• Combine errands to limit driving time.
• Shop around for the best gas prices in your community.
• Pay with cash. Some retailers charge extra per gallon for customers who pay with a credit card.
• Remove excess weight in your vehicle. Every 100 pounds taken out of the vehicle improves fuel economy by 1-2 percent.
• Drive conservatively. Aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces fuel economy.
AAA Resources for Drivers
• Enroll in savings programs. AAA Members who enroll in Shell's Fuel Rewards program can save 30 cents per gallon on their first fill-up and 5 cents per gallon each additional trip to the pump. Click here for more information.
• Get a tune-up. Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained to optimize its fuel economy. Visit AAA.com/AutoRepair to find a certified repair shop.
• Find the lowest gas prices in your area by using the free AAA mobile app.
• Determine anticipated fuel costs for your trip by using the AAA's Gas Cost Calculator.