Fellsmere Police Department Chief Keith Touchberry Named FPCA President
Tallahassee - Tuesday August 16, 2022: Fellsmere Police Department Chief Keith Touchberry is the "newly designated " President of The Florida Police Chiefs Association (FPCA), according to a news release from the organization.
"I am honored to lead the Florida Police Chiefs Association for the next year as we meet the challenges facing our chosen profession and the communities we serve," said Chief Touchberry. "My priorities for the coming year include continuing to promote officer wellness, addressing recruitment and retention, and combatting false media narratives about law enforcement."
"FPCA is in good hands with Chief Touchberry and the newly installed executive team and board, and I'm incredibly humbled to have had the opportunity to serve this esteemed organization as its president," said immediate past president Daytona Beach Shores Public Safety Department Director Stephan Dembinsky.
The FPCA held it's 70th Annual Summer Training Conference and Exposition in Palm Beach Gardens last week and inducted its 2022-2023 leadership team.
The following individuals took positions on the FPCA Board:
* President: Chief Keith Touchberry, Fellsmere PD
* 1st Vice President: Chief Charles "Chuck" Broadway, Clermont PD
* 2nd Vice President: Chief Charlie Vazquez, Tampa International Airport PD
* 3rd Vice-President: Chief Robert Bage, Fort Walton Beach PD
* Secretary Treasurer: Chief Melanie Bevan, Bradenton PD
* Immediate Past President: Director Stephan Dembinsky, Daytona Beach Shores PSD
* Past President at Large: Chief Butch Arenal, Coconut Creek PD
* Parliamentarian: Chief Daniel Slaughter, Clearwater PD
* District #1 Chief Todd Garrison, Northport PD
* District #2 Chief Gary Goble, Orange Park PD
* District #3 Chief Lawrence Revell, Tallahassee PD
* District #4 Chief Ed Hudak, Coral Gables PD
* District #5 Chief Larry Krantz, Casselberry PD
* District #6 Chief David Currey, Vero Beach PD
* District #7 Chief John Lau, Titusville PD
* District #8 Chief Jesse Godfrey, Ormond Beach PD
* District #9 Chief Shawn Chamberlain, Lee County Port Authority PD
* District #11 Chief Kipp Shimpeno, Pembroke Pines PD
* District #12 Chief John Barkley, Treasure Island PD
* District #14 Chief Robert Hicks, Leesburg PD
* District #16 Chief Jamie Cruse, Perry PD
* District #17 Chief Ed Book, Santa Fe College PD
Three districts will choose new directors in the coming months based on recent retirements and elections to the Executive Board.
About the Florida Police Chiefs Association:
The Florida Police Chiefs Association (FPCA) is the nation's pre-eminent law enforcement professional association, speaking for over 1,000 of Florida's top law enforcement executives, and providing guidance and leadership for the future of law enforcement and our communities. The FPCA serves municipal, airport, college and university, and tribal police departments, as well as private businesses and security firms and federal, state and county law enforcement agencies across every region of the state.
For more information about the FPCA, please visit www.fpca.com.