Indian River State College Outfits Radiography Suite With Advanced Diagnostic Imaging Systems
Fort Pierce - Tuesday August 23, 2022: IRSC has invested in a suite of advanced diagnostic imaging systems from FUJIFILM Healthcare Americas Corporation.
The purchase of leading-edge medical equipment will enhance learning and maximize employment opportunities for students in IRSC's Radiography Technology, Medical Assisting, Surgical Technology, and Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship programs.
IRSC health science students will train on the kind of medical imaging equipment used in today’s hospitals and surgical facilities. The purchase of the advanced imaging equipment was made possible through the Florida Department of Education’s 2020 State of Florida General Appropriations Act.
Indian River State College Health Science programs boast licensure and certification pass rates that consistently exceed state and national averages. Employment rates for programs graduates near 100%. Clinical practice is an integral part of health science students’ education.
Executives from Fujifilm and the Florida Department of Education will join administrators and staff from Indian River College and area healthcare executives for a ribbon cutting ceremony on the IRSC Massey Campus Wednesday, August 24.
A tour of IRSC's state-of-the-art radiography suite will follow.
WHAT: Ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate ICRT's suite of advanced diagnostic imaging systems from FUJIFILM Healthcare Americas Corporation
WHEN: Wednesday, August 24 at 9:00 a.m.
WHERE: Indian River State College Massey Campus, Building H Atrium, 3209 Virginia Avenue, Fort Pierce, FL 34981
* Dr. Timothy E. Moore, President, Indian River State College
* Dr. Ann Hubbard, Dean of the School of Health Science, Indian River State College
* Anne Everly, M.P.M., Apprenticeship Training Representative, Region 6, Florida Department of Education
* Craig Micciche, National Director of MRI and CT Sales, FUJIFILM Healthcare Americas
* Melissa Mulcahy, Imaging Clinical Manager for Radiology , Cleveland Clinic Martin Health