Florida Department of Financial Services - Home Insurance in the Wake of Ian
Tallahassee - Tuesday September 27, 2022: Florida Department of Financial Services Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Jimmy Patronis provides the following information as Hurricane Ian approaches the peninsula.
- The Department has interfaced with the Top 25 insurance carriers in Florida to confirm and coordinate with companies on preparations to mobilize disaster response and recovery operations immediately following the storm.
- The Department’s Division of Investigative and Forensic Services (DIFS) has activated it’s Emergency Operations Center to coordinate insurance consumer protection and fraud prevention missions following the storm. DIFS arson and explosives teams will also support US&R missions once activated.
- The Department’s Emergency Support Functions (ESF) 4 & 9 are active and operational at the Statewide Emergency Operations Center (EOC) in Tallahassee. ESF 4 coordinates statewide firefighting and Emergency Medical Services (EMS). ESF 9 coordinates all statewide Urban Search & Rescue (US&R) Task Force Operations.
- Five of Florida’s US&R Task Forces have been activated.
- The Department’s Division of Agent and Agency Services (A&A) has activated the state’s emergency public adjuster system to allow licensed out-of-state adjusters to assist consumers in adjusting insurance claims following the storm.
Floridians are advised to heed all watches and warnings from state and local officials. Visit PrepareFL.com for storm related resources and information.