Okeechobee County Now Eligible for Individual Assistance from FEMA
Okeechobee County - Tuesday, October 11, 2022: FEMA has included Okeechobee among the Florida counties now eligible for Individual Assistance. Okeechobee residents can go to https://www.disasterassistance.gov/ to apply for assistance.
This assistance includes the following:
* Lodging Expense Reimbursement for hotel expenses; this is for uninsured or underinsured applicants who could not return to their home due to hurricane-related damage. Keep copies of receipts.
* Home Repair/Replacement Assistance for disaster losses not already covered by another source.
* Rental Assistance for alternative housing if you can no longer occupy your primary residence due to disaster-related damage.
* Personal Property Assistance to repair or replace essential, uninsured personal property damaged by Hurricane Ian.
* Transportation Assistance for primary vehicles damaged by the disaster.
* Medical and Dental Assistance for uninsured medical and dental needs or losses caused by Hurricane Ian.
* Funeral Assistance related to a death attributed directly or indirectly as a result of the hurricane.
Meanwhile, Hurricane debris removal continues throughout the county and the Okeechobee County Emergency Operations Center remains at Activation Level 2 which is Partial Activation. The EOC remains focused on recovery efforts.
For continued updates go to the Okeechobee County Website at: www.co.okeechobee.fl.us