AAA Florida: Average Gas Price in Florida Dropped Six-Cents Last Week
Florida - Monday October 2022: Florida gas prices declined 6 cents per gallon last week. On Sunday, the state average was $3.36 per gallon.
"Oil prices dropped 8% two weeks ago, then hung relatively steady last week, enabling pump prices to decline," said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. "Drivers should see pump prices drift even lower this week. But a sudden jump at the pump is likely on November 1, when the state's gasoline tax holiday ends."
The average cost for a full tank of gas is now $50. That's nearly $23 less than than what drivers paid in mid-June, when the state average reached a record high price of $4.89 per gallon.
Regional Florida Prices
• Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($3.51), Gainesville ($3.42), Naples ($3.42)
• Least expensive metro markets – Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($3.16), Pensacola ($3.19), Panama City ($3.25)
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
Ways to Save on Gasoline
• Combine errands to limit driving time.
• Shop around for the best gas prices in your community.
• Pay with cash. Some retailers charge extra per gallon for customers who pay with a credit card.
• Remove excess weight in your vehicle. Every 100 pounds taken out of the vehicle improves fuel economy by 1-2 percent.
• Drive conservatively. Aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces fuel economy.
AAA Resources for Drivers
• Enroll in savings programs. AAA Members who enroll in Shell's Fuel Rewards program can save 30 cents per gallon on their first fill-up and 5 cents per gallon each additional trip to the pump. Click here for more information.
• Get a tune-up. Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained to optimize its fuel economy. Visit AAA.com/AutoRepair to find a certified repair shop.
• Find the lowest gas prices in your area by using the free AAA mobile app.
• Determine anticipated fuel costs for your trip by using the AAA's Gas Cost Calculator.