Martin County Schools: Classes Will Be Held Tuesday; All Schools Closed Wednesday and Thursday
Martin County - Monday, November 7, 2022: Following close consultation with Emergency Management officials about sub-tropical storm Nicole The Martin County School District has decided to leave school open on Tuesday November 8.
However all schools will close and cease all operations on Wednesday, November 9, and Thursday, November 10. Schools and offices were already scheduled to be closed on Friday, November 11, in observance of Veterans Day.
Families and employees are encouraged to review the following information:
• Extended Day (afterschool care) services will continue at all District-operated elementary schools on Tuesday, November 8. Families are encouraged to pick their children up as soon as possible tomorrow evening.
• All extracurricular activities, events, athletics and other programs scheduled for the time frame of Wednesday, November 9 – Thursday, November 10, have been canceled. Decisions about FHSAA playoff events that are scheduled for Friday, November 11, will be announced no later than Thursday.
• All Use of Facilities agreements scheduled for District-owned property for the time period of November 8 - 11, 2022, have been canceled.
• Schools and sites will take protective action tomorrow to shutter facilities and remove any debris or other items that could become projectiles during the storm.
• The District stands ready to open storm shelters upon the request of Emergency Management officials. Information about the status of shelters will be forthcoming.
Updates will be shared with families and employees via direct message (phone call, text message, email), our website, social media channels and local broadcast media.