Stuart - Closures, Cancellations and Shelters
Stuart - Tuesday November 8, 2022: The City of Stuart continues to monitor Tropical Storm Nicole and prepare to continue City operations and respond to any pre-and-post-storm related needs of our residents and businesses.
The following closures and cancellations have been announced:
City of Stuart Offices will be closed tomorrow, Wednesday, Nov. 9 and Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022, due to the approach of Tropical Storm Nicole. City offices will also be closed Friday, Nov. 11 for Veterans Day.
• The City of Stuart Local Planning Agency (LPA) Meeting scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022, has been cancelled. All agenda items are being moved to a date certain of Thursday, Dec. 8, 2022, at 5:30 p.m.
• Veterans Day Parade and the post-parade Ceremony at Memorial Park, Stuart, scheduled for Friday, Nov. 11, 2022, has been cancelled.
STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARED
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis declared a State of Emergency for 34 counties, Executive Order (EO) 22-253, on Monday, November 7, 2022. A declaration of a State of Emergency was signed by City of Stuart Mayor Troy McDonald today, Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022.
Martin County Emergency Management officials announced the following shelters will open tomorrow, Wednesday, Nov. 9, at 8 a.m. Voluntary evacuations apply to Martin County Evacuation Zones A and B, which includes residences on the barrier islands (Hutchinson Island and Jupiter Island), Sewall’s Point and manufactured/mobile homes, as well as homes in low-lying, vulnerable areas.
• Willoughby Learning Center (Pet-friendly)
• Jensen Beach High School
• Anderson Middle School (Special Needs)
• Warfield Elementary School
• Port Salerno Elementary School
For more information on shelters, visit www.martin.fl.us/Shelters
Find your evacuation zone: www.martin.fl.us/EvacuationZones
The City of Stuart is committed to keeping our residents safe and informed. All public notices will be posted on the city’s website at www.cityofstuart.us and social media channels.
Residents are encouraged to stay informed, monitor weather updates issued by the National Weather Service, and encouraged to sign up for city updates by signing up for Stuart Emergency Alert notifications at https://www.cityofstuart.us/list.aspx?ListID=169.