AAA - Florida Gas Prices Fall Ahead of Thanksgiving Road Trips
Florida - Monday November 21, 2022: Florida gas prices are falling as millions prepare to hit the road for Thanksgiving.
AAA forecasts 2.9 million Floridians will travel for the holiday weekend. Nearly 2.7 million, or 91%, will drive.
Pump prices already dropped 10 cents per gallon last week. On Sunday, Florida gas prices averaged $3.46 per gallon. That's 10 cents per gallon more than what Thanksgiving travelers last last year. The most expensive Thanksgiving gas price on record was $3.46 per gallon in 2013. Based on current trends, it's possible the state average could dip below last year's levels by Thanksgiving day.
"Florida drivers may have something extra to be thankful for this Thanksgiving," said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. "Prices at the pump are likely to drop through the holiday weekend. Gas prices could ultimately fall 20-30 cents per gallon. The downturn is being driven by strong refinery output, which led to a big gain in gasoline supplies."
Regional Florida Prices
• Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($3.65), Gainesville ($3.57), Naples ($3.55)
• Least expensive metro markets – Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($3.20), Panama City ($3.22), Pensacola ($3.23)
View daily average gas prices from AAA
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
Ways to Save on Gasoline
• Combine errands to limit driving time.
• Shop around for the best gas prices in your community.
• Pay with cash. Some retailers charge extra per gallon for customers who pay with a credit card.
• Remove excess weight in your vehicle. Every 100 pounds taken out of the vehicle improves fuel economy by 1-2 percent.
• Drive conservatively. Aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces fuel economy.
AAA Resources for Drivers
• Enroll in savings programs. AAA Members who enroll in Shell's Fuel Rewards program can save 30 cents per gallon on their first fill-up and 5 cents per gallon each additional trip to the pump. Click here for more information.
• Get a tune-up. Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained to optimize its fuel economy. Visit AAA.com/AutoRepair to find a certified repair shop.
• Find the lowest gas prices in your area by using the free AAA mobile app.
• Determine anticipated fuel costs for your trip by using the AAA's Gas Cost Calculator.