City of Port St. Lucie: The Thanksgiving Holiday Affects Solid Waste Schedule
Port St. Lucie - Monday November 21, 2022: With Thanksgiving approaching, the City of Port St. Lucie is reminding its residents of a few schedule changes when it comes to trash collection after turkey day. As a result of holiday, the following schedule will be in effect for the collection of garbage, recycling, yard and bulk waste.
• Monday Nov. 21 through Wednesday Nov. 23 will be collected as scheduled.
• Landfill is closed Thursday Nov. 24 for Thanksgiving. Collection will be pushed back one day.
• Thursday’s customers will be picked up Friday, Nov. 25
• Friday’s customers will be picked up Saturday, Nov. 26
Check out this special Port St. Lucie Thanksgiving animation.
The Voluntary Drop-Off Site is also closed on Thursday Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 25, but will re-open on Saturday, Nov. 26. Please call St. Lucie County Solid Waste at 772-462-1768 for hours and directions.
To help facilitate the curbside collection process, residents are asked to:
• Place black garbage carts and green recycling carts at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on your pickup day, but no earlier than 6 p.m. the evening prior to collection.
• All household trash and garbage must be bagged and fit inside your new black cart, with the lid closed. If you need an additional cart, please call FCC at 772-205-3356. All recycling must fit inside your green cart, with the lid closed.
• Keep all carts and bulk piles three feet away from anything that may block the collection truck (carts, mailboxes, utility poles, trees and fire hydrants).
• Make sure the handle faces your house and the lid openings face the street. On the same day, after service, all carts must be removed from the curb.
To learn more about solid waste, including schedule, tips and FAQs, visit www.CityofPSL.com/SolidWaste.