Pay Increase for Martin County School Bus Drivers; More Drivers Sought
Martin County - Wednesday November 23, 2022: The Martin County School Board Tuesday approved a starting salary increase for school bus drivers from $16.71 to $20.00 an hour. That makes Martin County bus operators among the highest paid in the state.
Existing school bus operators will also receive salary increases according to the schedule below. IN addition current school employees are eligible to participate in a referral program that will award them a financial incentive for each successful candidate they refer for employment as a school bus operator.
“Our School Board continues to prioritize the compensation of the dedicated professionals who safely and reliably transport our students to and from school each day,” Superintendent Dr. John D. Millay said. “While there is more to be done to address our most critical staffing challenges, these important initiatives will allow us to demonstrate our appreciation for our bus operators and remain competitive with surrounding counties.”
The following employment incentives are available to MCSD school bus operators:
• Starting pay increased to $20.00 per hour. Current bus operators will receive a salary increase based on their years of experience (see below).
• Robust benefits package – medical, dental, vision, life, and more.
• Paid CDL training at a rate of $20.00 per hour.
• Flexible work schedules – full- and part-time shifts available.
Basic job requirements for MCSD school bus operators are:
• Licensed driver.
• Safe driving record.
• Ability to pass DOT physical examination.
• Able to communicate in English.
• Enjoys working with children.
Current employees can earn a $500 bonus up to $5,000 per year for each external applicant they refer who is successfully hired as a school bus operator.
Employees are encouraged to contact Human Resources at (772) 219-1200 ext. 30103 or AskHR@martinschools.org.