Stuart Police to Conduct Speed Limit Enforcement Along U.S. 1 Corridor
Stuart - Thursday March 2, 2023: The Stuart Police Department will be enforcing the speed limit along the U.S. 1 corridor in the coming days.
In an advisory posted on their Facebook page the Department reminds drivers that speeding tickets are costly.
In Martin County the fines for speeding are:
- 6-9 miles over the limit - $128
- 10-14 miles over over the limit - $203
- 15-19 miles over over the limit - $253
- 20-29 miles over the limit - $278
- 30 miles or more over the limit results in a mandatory court appearance before you can go home.
The Stuart Police Department has no control over the traffic fines and how much they cost. Remember to drive the speed limit.